LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tax (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Welcome to Tax! (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90)

Harry Hood 04-01-2003 10:10 AM

Welcome!

Mama always said I was number 1, and now I am. On a more serious note, are we going to discuss things here or will this new format go to waste.
Harry H

taxwonk 04-02-2003 04:07 PM

Well, now at least we have two

Fear not, Harry. The tax board will not go unwanted. BTW, any word on who will be replacing Paravano yet?

Harry Hood 04-02-2003 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by taxwonk
Fear not, Harry. The tax board will not go unwanted. BTW, any word on who will be replacing Paravano yet?
Who's Paravano?

HardTaxMaster 04-02-2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Harry Hood
Who's Paravano?
Never mind that. Ask what did this person do to deserve the high honor of being recognized here? Anyone here know what P. Olson did before her highfalutin current stint in OCC Int'l? That's right, boys & girls, prepare taxes! For 16 years!

Time to pull out the ol' E&P worksheets to look over while chugging beer at D&B tonight.

Harry Hood 04-03-2003 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by HardTaxMaster
Never mind that. Ask what did this person do to deserve the high honor of being recognized here? Anyone here know what P. Olson did before her highfalutin current stint in OCC Int'l? That's right, boys & girls, prepare taxes! For 16 years!

Time to pull out the ol' E&P worksheets to look over while chugging beer at D&B tonight.

I thought Pam worked w/ Fred Goldberg at Skadden prior to her Treasury job?

On a lighter note, good to see some familiar faces...
-Harry

But who is this paravino person?

HardTaxMaster 04-03-2003 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Harry Hood
I thought Pam worked w/ Fred Goldberg at Skadden
I think this was before she went to law school (as reported one of the tax reporters in an article discussing whether tax preparers must be federally regulated.

D&B now serves primavera, very haute cuisine and elegant dining, I must say.

Harry Hood 04-03-2003 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by taxwonk
I figured out who Paravano is, I haven't heard of any gossip on who's his replacement. I'll see what the rumor mill says.
Harry

Doc Hollindaise 05-31-2003 10:27 PM

I, on the other hand, do not have a clue as to who Paravano is and am dying for illumination.

Quote:

I figured out who Paravano is, I haven't heard of any gossip on who's his replacement. I'll see what the rumor mill says.

taxwonk 06-09-2003 06:51 PM

Paravano

He's the Senior Counsel to Pam Olsen. He's rumored to be heading back to private practice this summer, and I was wondering if those in govt have any idea who is in the running for the job.

As you can see, the topic, well, the topic of tax in general, has generated a firestorm of interest here.

Fuck it, I'm going to go have a martini or two,

Harry Hood 06-10-2003 10:43 AM

Paravano

I haven't yet heard anything.
-Harry H

COBE Bryant 08-15-2003 12:42 PM

New Board...

Same old sh*t.

taxwonk 08-15-2003 05:49 PM

New Board...

Quote:

Originally posted by COBE Bryant
Same old sh*t.
Hey, COBE, how ya been?

runaway 08-25-2003 12:58 PM

taxwonk

what's up? what's your deal . . . im sure you saw already but didnt your buddy paravano go to baker & hostetler?

taxwonk 08-25-2003 01:34 PM

Busy as hell

There is no rest in-house. I've got a few deals cooking and about 10 audit issues going right now. Have you landed a new gig yet?

runaway 08-25-2003 01:44 PM

affirmative