LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vacations (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Gotta get out of this place (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58)

Anne Elk 03-29-2004 12:52 PM

Moab

Quote:

Originally posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)
http://www.wasatchbeers.com/images/labels/poly.gif
The label alone makes that worth trying.

Did you just call me Coltrane? 06-30-2004 11:07 AM

Innsbruck

Does anyone have any suggestions for sights/activities in Innsbruck in September? We'll be there for a day and a half, and then it's off to Salzburg...

notcasesensitive 06-30-2004 11:51 AM

Cabo

Any must-do things in Cabo? I went a few years ago and mainly vegged out. Going again this year and planning to mainly veg out again, but if there is anything worthy of un-vegging for, I'd like to know.

And sorry, Coltrane, no help for you from me I'm afraid.

Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) 06-30-2004 12:22 PM

Innsbruck

Quote:

Originally posted by Did you just call me Coltrane?
Does anyone have any suggestions for sights/activities in Innsbruck in September? We'll be there for a day and a half, and then it's off to Salzburg...
They probably have a tourism site--most bigger cities do in Europe. I went there years ago. My recollection is the town is nice to walk around for a bit, but it's really more of a sports place. Bring some hiking boots and do as the Austrians.

Did you just call me Coltrane? 06-30-2004 12:58 PM

Innsbruck

Quote:

Originally posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)
They probably have a tourism site--most bigger cities do in Europe. I went there years ago. My recollection is the town is nice to walk around for a bit, but it's really more of a sports place. Bring some hiking boots and do as the Austrians.
I checked the site(s). We were thinking about some kind of rafting.

Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) 06-30-2004 01:00 PM

Innsbruck

Quote:

Originally posted by Did you just call me Coltrane?
I checked the site(s). We were thinking about some kind of rafting.
September's usually a low-water month in the northern hemisphere, so just check before you go if the river's running well.

Replaced_Texan 07-20-2004 05:43 PM

Fare sale

Dunno if anyone's interested in heading to Europe anytime soon, but BA's having a sale that ends in two days.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...0/public/en_us

Enjoy the culture and history of Europe this winter. British Airways is offering unbelievable fares to Europe, starting at just $89* each way. Book early and save. Prices may never be this low again! Or, why not try our premier economy class, World Traveller Plus with fares now starting at just $237**?

Plus, stay at one of our centrally located hotels starting at just $39*** per person per night. Great prices available at 2, 3 and 4 star European hotels.

Hurry, offer ends July 22nd.

Sample prices (one-way based on round-trip purchase, fees and taxes extra)

East Coast South/Central West Coast

London $89 $129 $159

Paris, Amsterdam $122 $162 $197

Brussels, Cologne, Nice $135 $175 $205

Barcelona, Berlin, Munich $147 $187 $217

ltl/fb 08-04-2004 12:54 PM

Warm in March with kids

A "friend" is looking for someplace to go to take fairly young children (so childcare will be a concern) that will be warm in March. Expense is a little bit of a concern (e.g., no Four Seasons), but they want it palatable to adults (e.g., nice beds, feasible to sleep in a bit).

Any ideas? I'm pretty useless as my focus is on avoiding children.

Replaced_Texan 08-04-2004 12:56 PM

Warm in March with kids

Quote:

Originally posted by ltl/fb
A "friend" is looking for someplace to go to take fairly young children (so childcare will be a concern) that will be warm in March. Expense is a little bit of a concern (e.g., no Four Seasons), but they want it palatable to adults (e.g., nice beds, feasible to sleep in a bit).

The Yucatan is warm, and there are plenty of kid friendly resorts that can be fairly reasonable. Usually the packages include airfare.

ltl/fb 08-04-2004 12:58 PM

Warm in March with kids

Quote:

Originally posted by Replaced_Texan
The Yucatan is warm, and there are plenty of kid friendly resorts that can be fairly reasonable. Usually the packages include airfare.
Thanks! Do you know of any specific places? I think they are looking there, but are unsure about what places are actually nice and what places just look nice . . .

Oliver_Wendell_Ramone 08-04-2004 02:00 PM

Warm in March with kids

Quote:

I've done a bit of research on the issue, but no first hand experience (yet). Lots of places in Mexico and the Carribean have pretty extensive "kids clubs," especially in the all-inclusive places. If your friends don't mind being labeled as proles, there are even places in Jamaica that assign each family a "vacation nanny." Lots of good info here.

Flinty_McFlint 08-04-2004 02:23 PM

Warm in March with kids

Quote:

You're friends with the Gloved One? I'm not going to help you out on this one.

baltassoc 08-04-2004 03:00 PM

Warm in March with kids

Quote:

I hesitate to mention it, but there are two words that cover this [shudder]:

Disney World

ltl/fb 08-04-2004 03:01 PM

Warm in March with kids

Quote:

Originally posted by baltassoc
I hesitate to mention it, but there are two words that cover this [shudder]:

Disney World
Is that the one in FL or the one in CA?

baltassoc 08-04-2004 03:07 PM

Warm in March with kids

Quote:

Is that the one in FL or the one in CA?
FL. Lot's of other things to do in Orlando, too. Universal Studios, lots of golf courses, plenty of nice restaurants built especially to give some relief to parents on vacation with their kids. Of course, there is the disadvantage of the death of your soul.