LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Firms and Salary Information - Ohio (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42)

andViolins 04-07-2003 01:59 PM

hi andviolins

Quote:

Originally posted by ms. naughty diplomat
i see that aV is now the moderator of this board and is thus in charge of administering discipline around here. so aV, when are you going to start your disciplinary duty by spanking the bare bottom of a naughty diplomat?
;)

(i'll keep my thong on if you prefer)

ms. naughty diplomat
I've been advised to run this board with a very light hand.

But I don't think that's what you're thinking of. . .

you are soooooo naughty. :D

aV

ms. naughty diplomat 04-08-2003 04:32 PM

interesting (thank you for not pointing out my speling eror)

Quote:

Originally posted by andViolins
I see that Capital and UD are ranked at the bottom again. I wonder what one yr at either school costs now? $25,000? $30,000? I just can't see spending that much to go to a school ranked that low. I will give credit to UD though, they are trying to develop a niche with intellectual property.

aV
for your entertainment pleasure, 2001-02 tuition (i'm not sure if this includes fees or not, but it doesn't include living expenses) at ohio law schools:

public division:

osu - $10,826
cincinatti - $9,622
akron - $9,386
toledo - $9,054
cleveland-marshall - $9,048

private division:

case western - $25,300* [!]
dayton - $21,896
ohio northern - $19,800
capital - $18,009

*2003-04 figures so its not a true comparitive list, but i found the other figures compiled together and i don't want to take the time to look at the other law school's websites to get current figures for them.

lets see, when you add in living expenses, books, etc., even the public law schools in ohio are over $20K. and case western predictably wins the prize for highest tuition.

ms. naughty diplomat

ms. naughty diplomat 04-08-2003 04:55 PM

hi andviolins

Quote:

I've been advised to run this board with a very light hand.

me: i would much prefer that you use a firm hand (or a ruler, a hairbrush, or a paddle) when dealling with me. ;)

Quote:

But I don't think that's what you're thinking of. . .
me: although i may have been thinking about boards, they were not of the message variety.

Quote:

you are soooooo naughty.
me: you wouldn't spank a good girl, now, would you???

but i had better stop being so naughty now before i get us all in trouble.

ms. naughty diplomat

andViolins 04-08-2003 05:14 PM

hi andviolins

Quote:

me: i would much prefer that you use a firm hand (or a ruler, a hairbrush, or a paddle) when dealling with me. ;)

me: although i may have been thinking about boards, they were not of the message variety.

me: you wouldn't spank a good girl, now, would you???

but i had better stop being so naughty now before i get us all in trouble.

ms. naughty diplomat
Well, you can stop being naughty, but to try and get you back in the mood, I guess I can just post a pic of your favorite type of lingerie:

http://www.bagshop.com/store/product..._wacoal_03.jpg

a(:yum: )V

I really should just go home. And stay out of trouble. Really.

spookyfish 04-09-2003 08:53 AM

Ohio Public Law Schools Dodge Budget Bullet

Today's PD has an article on the budget wranglings in Columbus. The legislative proposal to drop one of the Public Law Schools has been dropped.

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...0993281580.xml

I get the feeling from the tenor of the article that it wasn't as big a concern to the non-attorney types wandering around out there.

spookyfish

andViolins 04-09-2003 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by spookyfish
Today's PD has an article on the budget wranglings in Columbus. The legislative proposal to drop one of the Public Law Schools has been dropped.

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...0993281580.xml

I get the feeling from the tenor of the article that it wasn't as big a concern to the non-attorney types wandering around out there.

spookyfish
From the article:

"Other late additions to the plan included several nods to social conservatives that could be helpful to gain votes, including declassification of some unionized state employees, creation of a governor's office dedicated to faith-based nonprofits, and elimination of a voter registration program that targets the poor."

Social conservatives who want stuff like this really REALLY bug the crap outta me. Of course, these are the same whackadoos who want intelligent design taught in public schools.

aV

spookyfish 04-09-2003 09:37 AM

Quote:

From the article:

"Other late additions to the plan included several nods to social conservatives that could be helpful to gain votes, including declassification of some unionized state employees, creation of a governor's office dedicated to faith-based nonprofits, and elimination of a voter registration program that targets the poor."

Social conservatives who want stuff like this really REALLY bug the crap outta me. Of course, these are the same whackadoos who want intelligent design taught in public schools.

aV
I thought the same thing, but I thought it might be too Politics Board to say so. With this kind of leadership, I can see why we are well on our way to becoming the Mississippi of the north. We are doomed. Completely doomed.

spookyfish

ms. naughty diplomat 04-09-2003 01:13 PM

hi andviolins

Quote:

Well, you can stop being naughty, but to try and get you back in the mood, I guess I can just post a pic of your favorite type of lingerie:

I really should just go home. And stay out of trouble. Really.
you are quite naughty as well mr. violins. i am starting to think that maybe i need to give you a spanking. ;)

however, mr. violins, my efforts to not be naughty are not for my benefit, because i enjoy being punished as much as i enjoy being naughty - in fact if anything i enjoy the punishment more than i enjoy the misbehaviour (as long as the punishment includes a spanking, of course). however, mr. violins, i suspect that you may not enjoy the punishment that mrs. violins would give you nearly as much as you enjoy being naughty - for one thing mrs. violins may choose to use a less pleasurable form of punishment than the type of punishment that i face when i am naughty.

so, mr. violins, given what a bad girl i am, and how the consequences of me being a bad girl are much likely to be worse for you than they are for me, you probably don't want to encourage naughtiness from me.

:kisscheek

ms. naughty diplomat

ms. naughty diplomat 04-09-2003 01:25 PM

Quote:

I thought the same thing, but I thought it might be too Politics Board to say so. With this kind of leadership, I can see why we are well on our way to becoming the Mississippi of the north. We are doomed. Completely doomed.

spookyfish
:eek: it must be those law makers from cincinatti that are behind these dubious programs. is there a way we can cause southern ohio to join kentucky or west virginia or perhaps become a separate state.

but in any case, i thought that indiana was the mississippi of the north. so that would make ohio, the alabama of the north

:eek2:

ms. naughty diplomat

spookyfish 04-09-2003 01:27 PM

spanks andviolins

Quote:

you are quite naughty as well mr. violins. i am starting to think that maybe i need to give you a spanking. ;)
ms. naughty diplomat
Oh for crying out loud, would you two get a room, or a chamber or something already? :D

spookyfish

ms. naughty diplomat 04-09-2003 01:31 PM

spanks andviolins

Quote:

Oh for crying out loud, would you two get a room, or a chamber or something already? :D

spookyfish
oh don't worry mr. spookyfish. mr. violins has already said that he is not really into spankings. i think he just wants to see if i will talk about my thongs.

like that's going to work ;)

is this page 4?

ms. naughty diplomat

spookyfish 04-09-2003 01:50 PM

spanks andviolins

Quote:

oh don't worry mr. spookyfish. mr. violins has already said that he is not really into spankings. i think he just wants to see if i will talk about my thongs.

is this page 4?

ms. naughty diplomat
Yes it's page 4. Why the formality, ms. new york naughty diplomat doll? It's freakin me out, man!

spookyfish

andViolins 04-09-2003 02:17 PM

king's crown, cutthroat raquetball et. al

Hey, if its only going to be the three of us around here for a while, we may as well talk about NYD's thongs. Not much legal newz that we can spread without more input.

a[mr. violins? very formal. although as i age and get a little um, larger around the strings, i guess mr. viola would be more in order. heaven help me when i get to be mr. bass]V

spookyfish 04-09-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Hey, if its only going to be the three of us around here for a while, we may as well talk about NYD's thongs. Not much legal newz that we can spread without more input.

a[mr. violins? very formal. although as i age and get a little um, larger around the strings, i guess mr. viola would be more in order. heaven help me when i get to be mr. bass]V
mr. bass? Would that be an abbreviation for mr. big ass? :P

spookyfish

andViolins 04-09-2003 03:18 PM

Quote:

mr. bass? Would that be an abbreviation for mr. big ass? :P

spookyfish
Good one.

PorkyFish. :D

aV