LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   New England (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Connecticut Highways (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341)

nyerinexile 07-25-2003 01:59 PM

Connecticut Highways

Is Connecticut ever going to finish repairing the highways? There is more contruction there than anywhere else in the country, and I really don't think the highways are getting any better.

Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) 07-25-2003 02:06 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by nyerinexile
Is Connecticut ever going to finish repairing the highways? There is more contruction there than anywhere else in the country, and I really don't think the highways are getting any better.
Drive through Boston sometime, and then ask this question again.

Say_hello_for_me 07-25-2003 02:54 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)
Drive through Boston sometime, and then ask this question again.
Puhleeze, Indiana begins a new repair job on a 30 mile stretch of I-90/94 every 6 months. And every repair job takes 6 months to complete.

Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) 07-25-2003 03:26 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by Say_hello_for_me
Puhleeze, Indiana begins a new repair job on a 30 mile stretch of I-90/94 every 6 months. And every repair job takes 6 months to complete.
But that's such a scenic highway. It would be a shame to leave it in bad shape.

Anyway, I think every northern state seems entirely under road construction in the summer, since the asphalt doesn't quite flow the same way in the winter.

nyerinexile 07-29-2003 10:12 AM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) Anyway, I think every northern state seems entirely under road construction in the summer, since the asphalt doesn't quite flow the same way in the winter.
This may be so, but the stretch of highway between the City and New Haven seems always to be under contruction or clogged for no good reason.

Anne Elk 08-07-2003 07:41 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

This may be so, but the stretch of highway between the City and New Haven seems always to be under contruction or clogged for no good reason.
Take the Merritt. I've been driving through CT for years. There is always a project to avoid. First it was the toll booths on 95, then it was the removal of the toll booths on 95, then it was the 84/91 construction in Hartford. I've since changed my route between MA and NY/NJ to the Merritt, haven't had many problems, but then again I also make it a point to drive at odd hours. I hate traffic.

Now, if only they could do something about the TZ Bridge. There is never a good time to cross that going east.

sebastian_dangerfield 06-30-2005 10:56 AM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by Anne Elk
Take the Merritt. I've been driving through CT for years. There is always a project to avoid. First it was the toll booths on 95, then it was the removal of the toll booths on 95, then it was the 84/91 construction in Hartford. I've since changed my route between MA and NY/NJ to the Merritt, haven't had many problems, but then again I also make it a point to drive at odd hours. I hate traffic.

Now, if only they could do something about the TZ Bridge. There is never a good time to cross that going east.
God, you have no idea about bad highways. Try Pennsylvania's. Just awful.

Anne Elk 06-30-2005 12:04 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by sebastian_dangerfield
Since my grandparents died I have no reason to drive the PA Turnpike. Less than 90 miles door to door and it would take 3-4 hours to make the trip. Once you get there, the Main Line is a lovely place.

ltl/fb 06-30-2005 12:05 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Since my grandparents died I have no reason to drive the PA Turnpike. Less than 90 miles door to door and it would take 3-4 hours to make the trip. Once you get there, the Main Line is a lovely place.
la-di-da.

sebastian_dangerfield 06-30-2005 12:32 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Its a shame Shifter is gay; you two would make a perfect couple.

Penske_Account 08-10-2005 08:54 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Is Connecticut ever going to finish repairing the highways?
Whatever happened with this? Did they finish? I know the Governor, sort of, should I lob in a call?

paigowprincess 08-17-2005 07:54 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

I am reasonably solidly certain that when Dick Blumenthal is governorn, they will be repaired. What? The republicans took away the tolls. You want to pay, you have to play.

I miss Lowell Weicker. *sniff*

paigowprincess 08-17-2005 07:57 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by sebastian_dangerfield
I cannot believe I only just discoveredt he My Highway Sucks More Than Your Highway board.

And there is no such thing as the Merritt. Its a mythical, pretend throughway made up by the Nutmeggers to deter people from Westchster and Long Island from driving up to Vermont. You won't find it. STay on I 95.

Hank Chinaski 08-17-2005 08:44 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by paigowprincess
Lowell Weicker.
when he was a Senator I was good friends with his au pair. Discresion prevents me from telling anything untowards about the great man (I've seen his video collection wink wink), but I can tell you one amusing anecdote.

The au pair was British and asked Mrs. Weicker what to do about a misbehaving child. She was told to whack her fanny. The poor au pair was shocked until she found out about the meaning of fanny this side of the ocean.

Hank Chinaski 09-02-2005 04:52 PM

Connecticut Highways

Quote:

Originally posted by Penske_Account
Lowell Weicker is a less stylish Ted Kennedy.
I forgot about that 1. I had a 17-fecta.