LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome/News (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Welcome and upgrade (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=811)

Replaced_Texan 07-24-2008 05:29 PM

Welcome and upgrade

7/24/2008 Ok, after a lot of me thinking, procrastinating and otherwise sitting around a lot, I've decided that we're going to be better, faster, cheaper and newer.

I've decided to move the site to another host, which will hopefully cost at least half as much as the one we're currently on, and at the same time, get some upgrades.

I'm hoping that this will all be done over the weekend, but who knows how such things work...

Hopefully, if all goes well, the content will still be here, your personal shit will still be here, but we'll have all sorts of new bells and whistles on the site. All for a lower price.

If you see the site down in the next few days, do not panic. We have to go down before we can come back up again. If all works well, this will be relatively seamless and no one will notice a thing.

7/30/2008 We have moved to the new host!! We may have lost a half-day of postings, but I'll see what I can do about restoring those. Otherwise, we're sitting on a brand new server at our brand new host. Now that the move has happened, they'll go ahead in the next few days and do the upgrade. Hopefully this will mean that we can reopen registration, and we'll get a bunch of new bells and whistles that will modernize the forum a little.

Please PM or e-mail me if you have any questions or concerns.

Greedy,Greedy,Greedy 07-24-2008 05:37 PM

Welcome and upgrade

Quote:

Originally posted by Replaced_Texan
Ok, after a lot of me thinking, procrastinating and otherwise sitting around a lot, I've decided that we're going to be better, faster, cheaper and newer.

I've decided to move the site to another host, which will hopefully cost at least half as much as the one we're currently on, and at the same time, get some upgrades.

I'm hoping that this will all be done over the weekend, but who knows how such things work...

Hopefully, if all goes well, the content will still be here, your personal shit will still be here, but we'll have all sorts of new bells and whistles on the site. All for a lower price.

If you see the site down in the next few days, do not panic. We have to go down before we can come back up again. If all works well, this will be relatively seamless and no one will notice a thing.
Thanks!

I'll see if I can goad Hank into another bet to help fund the place.

Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) 07-25-2008 09:46 AM

Welcome and upgrade

Quote:

Suh-weet. Do you still have the lawtalkers blogspot to keep people updated if there are any problems?

Replaced_Texan 07-25-2008 11:19 AM

Welcome and upgrade

Quote:

Originally posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)
Suh-weet. Do you still have the lawtalkers blogspot to keep people updated if there are any problems?
It's there, but I forgot the password.

Flinty_McFlint 07-25-2008 03:12 PM

Welcome and upgrade

Quote:

It's there, but I forgot the password.
No fear, it's H4n|{ $µ(|{$.

Atticus Grinch 01-04-2009 08:56 PM

Re: Welcome and upgrade

Any mods able to say what purpose lies behind a "visitor message" that can be seen publicly in some people's profiles? Seems like an opportunity for confusion and embarassment in sending what one thinks is a private PM -- NTTAWWT.

Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) 01-04-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atticus Grinch (Post 376215)
Any mods able to say what purpose lies behind a "visitor message" that can be seen publicly in some people's profiles? Seems like an opportunity for confusion and embarassment in sending what one thinks is a private PM -- NTTAWWT.

Why do people carry on conversations in public on facebook?

Penske_Account 01-05-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmm, burger (c.j.) (Post 376216)
why do people carry on conversations in public on facebook?

pr?

taxwonk 01-05-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) (Post 376216)
Why do people carry on conversations in public on facebook?

Because our lives are that fascinating.

Penske_Account 02-10-2009 08:11 PM

Isaac Laquedem

Welcome Newber! I expect big things from you!

eta: Do you know Mcbvr6?

Hank Chinaski 02-10-2009 09:27 PM

Re: Isaac Laquedem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penske_Account (Post 381134)
Welcome Newber! I expect big things from you!

eta: Do you know Mcbvr6?

is this some kind of fecta thing?

Penske_Account 02-11-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hank chinaski (Post 381145)

nwtf?

Cletus Miller 02-12-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski (Post 381145)

Clearly.

Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) 02-12-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cletus Miller (Post 381364)
Clearly.

translation: I just learned what a 'fecta is.

Cletus Miller 02-12-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) (Post 381367)
translation: I just learned what a 'fecta is.

Actual translation: I just noticed how close he was. I've played this game with P before.