LawTalkers

LawTalkers (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rebirth of a Nation (http://www.lawtalkers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139)

Pushy the Puppy 04-08-2003 05:09 PM

Rebirth of a Nation

Attention Canada Board Posters:

It has come to the attention of many that the Canada board, much like the nation of the same name, is in need of new leadership.

The hateful talk and vicious words that recently plagued this board have been deleted. We now sit here with the potential healing powers of this tabula rasa, ready to rebuild the Canadian empire of Lawtalkers in peace.

I hereby declare me, Pushy the Puppy, to be the new leader of the Canada board. Following are the new rules:

(1) No references to beavers, caribou or lemurs.
(2) No cussing in Canadian.
(3) No cursing in Canadian.
(4) No references to Alanis Morissette. Such references are very 1990's.
(5) No references to Canada as a sovereign nation.
(6) No pissing and bitching about Quebec.
(7) No poster is permitted to use an emoticon of neutral or negative facial expression; unless it is the "disappointed" emoticon ( :hmm: ), which is the closest Canadians come to a normal human smile.
(8) No arguments regarding the supremacy of Canadian bacon over real bacon.

Any infraction of these rules will result in immediate expulsion from this board. We do not want another escalation like the notorious Newfoundland thread that led to this board's recent suspension and the expunging of all prior posts.

http://www.giantgenius.com/images/stock.jpg

Pretty Little Flower 04-08-2003 05:45 PM

GREETINGS CANADA BOARD POSTERS!

I trust you find the new regime to be to your liking. I am here to help facilitate matters, make sure rule implementation goes smoothly, and to listen to your questions and concerns.

NOTE!

Questions and concerns should NOT be posted on this board. They should be addressed to RPMP Pushy at his "Questions and Concerns" e-mail address: yes@no.org

He will then forward the questions and concerns to me. They will be answered and addressed as promptly as possible during this time of war.

A little about me:

Although not Canadian, I live very close to Canada. About five hours south of Thunder Bay, or so. Given my proximity to your fine country, Pushy was certain that I would be very in tune with your needs and desires, which is why he appointed me:

Most Exalted Secretary-General in Charge of Information and Minister of Things

lick my pussy

Lexpert Sucks 04-25-2003 05:57 PM

Now, if you can just manage to get some actual discussion going here...

Lexpert Sucks 04-30-2003 05:20 PM

So, are there any actual Canadian lawyers here at all?

SlaveNoMore 04-30-2003 05:49 PM

Don Cherry

Quote:

Originally posted by Lexpert Sucks
So, are there any actual Canadian lawyers here at all?
No kidding. At least there should be a few posts on the Leafs or Canucks or something.

not7yS

jeezlouise 05-02-2003 09:33 AM

waiting for Rodman & DRE; beer question

...to show up, so the bashing can begin...GWNC, of course, as our first rank, but I recall she's posted on other boards here. Justin Timberlake, where are you???

Apropos of nothing, been buying beer at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (that's right folks, no corner booze stores up here) for years, but finally found myself back in the Beer Store (same thing, government limits sales to one of the two). Man, there's a whole lot of beers I haven't even heard of - I thought I was fairly tuned in to the microbrewery thing, but it took me 15 mintues just to look at all the brands on the board. My liver is waaaay too old to sample all of it, so if you've got any tips, share already (I don't mind Rickard's Red, Amsterdam's, or Steam Whistle, but I kinda like Sam Adams from my Pittsburgh days, and I'd like to find a similar Cdn micro - more into sipping now than chugging, I guess...

jl

SlaveNoMore 05-02-2003 01:45 PM

Apropos of nothing

I got an advance copy of the new Gordon Downie solo CD.

Yes, he is still a wacko.

not7yS

boredtotears 05-20-2003 12:44 PM

Best firms in Toronto?

I am at BIGLAW in New York with a few years under my belt and considering moving back to TO in a year or two. I realize it will be a huge paycut but hey, I'm sick of paying close to $5000/month rent and I miss Toronto!

My questions are: (1) which firms makeup the "seven sisters"? (I think that's what they are called) and (2) Which are the best IP boutiques?

Thanks for any info...

str8outavannuys 05-20-2003 01:02 PM

Coup d'pushy

Watch your back Pushy (and PLF). Me and my band of expat francophone toughs have a few ideas on how we can improve things around here. Ain't that right Yves? We're marshalling our forces at Ishpiming and Clarkson for a pincer movement on Sudbury, the likes of which you have never seen. The big smokestack will be ours.

str8 outta simcoe.
vive la Canada Board libre.

mcrea 06-24-2003 11:52 PM

Good day, eh.

Greedy,Greedy,Greedy 06-25-2003 11:30 AM

Good day here.

Noticed the beer comment up above. My suggestion: Waterloo Dark. Lots of German immigrants in K/W, and they know how to make beer. The beer is really the only good reason for Quebec to remain part of Canada; I'd hate to see import taxes on some of the beers when I'm there.

mcrea 06-27-2003 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy
Good day here.

Noticed the beer comment up above. My suggestion: Waterloo Dark. Lots of German immigrants in K/W, and they know how to make beer. The beer is really the only good reason for Quebec to remain part of Canada; I'd hate to see import taxes on some of the beers when I'm there.
The best beer in Canada is Quebecois: Fin du Monde.

(So's the most popular, Molson)

Greedy,Greedy,Greedy 06-27-2003 09:46 AM

Any other suggestions?

I haven't had it; I've added drinking it to my list of important things to do this summer.

mcrea 06-27-2003 02:21 PM

Any other suggestions?

Quote:

Originally posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy
I haven't had it; I've added drinking it to my list of important things to do this summer.
Fin du Monde is hard to find outside of Canada or the New England border states region, although I was stunned to find it once at a local brewery all the way out here in the Southwest.

TexLex 07-16-2003 11:53 AM

The Incredible Shrinking Country

TORONTO (Reuters) - Prince Edward Island, a popular holiday destination, has vanished off the Atlantic coast -- or at least according to a new magazine designed to promote Canada's hard hit tourism industry.