LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 208
0 members and 208 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #3260
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
This is the problem. What do you mean how do we get anything done? Are you talking from a practical standpoint or a political one?
Both, although not having control of anything means most of what the Dems are actually trying to accomplish right now is political. How do they do what the need to do - which is mostly get their messaging out - when a big chunk of the attention paid to Dems each week is a new allegation against Al? How do they get media and voter attention on whatever when there's almost certainly ongoing embarrassment happening?

Quote:
Politically speaking, I'll say this: Fuck the right. I don't give a fuck of Huckabee et al says Moore should stay if Franken stays. Those assholes are going to justify keeping Moore no matter what the left decides is appropriate. If we can't determine that what Franken has done is nowhere near what Moore or Trump has done, then we're fucking doomed. Because (and listen closely), anyone who voted for Trump after hearing him talk about assaulting women and seeing victim after victim be ignored is not going to run back to the Democrats because we have proven moral superiority by kicking Franken out.
Agreed, but it's not a zero sum game of persuading one pool of voters, and the margins very much matter. Looking no different from the GOP, because we don't do anything about credible allegations of inappropriate behavior either, can absolutely be a factor in someone staying home or voting third party.

Quote:
If we can't get messaging out because Franken touched another butt 8 years ago, then let's just give up.
Okay then.

Quote:
doesn't deserve the proverbial death penalty
Seriously, stop this.