LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 102
0 members and 102 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #847
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Wait a minute, mister, I didn't even kiss her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
Well, sometimes when people say "emotional affair" they are talking about a non-disclosed or inadequately disclosed close but platonic friendship between someone who is married and a person of the sex that the married person is attracted to.

And sometimes they are talking about a non-disclosed romantic relationship between someone who is married and a person of the sex that the married person is attracted to with all of the bells and whistles of a typical romantic relationship minus physical intimacy.*

If my wife was secretly receiving jewelry, flowers, going for long walks on the beach, talking about The Meaning Of Life with someone else, I don't think I'd be "going out of my way to feel betrayed" - if I felt, well, betrayed. But that's just me.

*Used to avoid Clintonesque debates over what "sex" is or is not. Let's just say that our hypothetical married person didn't even hold the other person's hand. The analysis is the same.
Doesn't a lot have to do with if em is honest with one's spouse about the existence of the friendship from the start. sounds like ncs's friend found out about hubby's emotional friend some time after the friendship had been going on.