LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 156
0 members and 156 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 12:22 PM   #2471
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: All you need are looks and a whole lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
Nah. Watched a few games up there. But never played.

I remember when I thought you had to be the real deal to play at the cages (West 4th). After I learned how to play I realized, if it's not league play, most of the dudes on that court are scrubs who just want the attention.

I played most of my games at 13th St. park, which, when it was good, was amazing run. Plus there were a bunch of 3-on-3 courts when the full run got wack. The best is getting in a 3-on-3 game with a corny looking white dude who hits jumpers like he learned that shit before he could walk. Like LaVar says, "Never Loss!"

My favorite story ever was when I had next at 13th on the full court. I'm at my prime. Early 20s. Crazy athletic. There was a good team running the court--one of those where the dudes lost on purpose and sat out games and and cherrypicked so that they all got on together in order to have strongest team to run the court. I hate that shit.

Anyway, I got next and I'm trying to see who from the current game on the impending loser's team I'm gonna take so we have a chance. Short white dude with a big jew fro walks up and asks if he could run with me. In my head, I'm like, damn. But I hate dudes who are always like, "Nah, I got my five," when they clearly don't. So I tell him he's in. He seems all grateful.

We pick up the best other three from the losing team and get on the court. This motherfucker was amazing. Killer handle, knows the game, great passing, and the most deadly jumper (with crazy lift) I've ever seen outdoors. He and I two-manned the winning team to death. Most fun I've ever had on a court. Ran it for 2+ hours and you could tell the losers were pissed as hell. They kept trying to put together a team that could take us out. Never happened.

Never saw him again.

TM
Go to Moth. Great story. it's that type thing that keep you coming back to play and put up with the standard bullshit.