LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 143
0 members and 143 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #2272
Greedy,Greedy,Greedy

Re: icymi above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I'm still waiting for you to answer my Albanian quiz, the point of which is that the intellectual exercise you propose is futile.

Klein is more charitable than me. He thinks that Murray's work, if it is going to be discussed, should be put in context (not "censored"). But one has to say that with Murray because it's clear after many decades that he is going to continue to pump noxious ideas into the discussion.

Your project is different. Apart from being utterly nonsensical, no one is doing it. (Once again, please post a good example if you know of one.) That being the case, my question is: why? If it could be done, why would you do it? Would the world be a better place if you could do a lot of research and work and conclude scientifically that Albanian Romany were 87% responsible for what Germany Nazis did to them?

One of the more entertaining threads a few weeks ago was when the Historian Kevin Kruse began taking on and responding to everything Dinesh D'Souza was writing about history. Kevin ripped it all to shreds pretty quickly but carefully and systematically. For about three days it was informative and interesting, because Kevin's knowledge is vast and he did a great job on the background historiography and pulled in great amounts of detail, and watching D'Souza get trashed was entertaining.

But D'Souza of course kept his head down and admitted nothing, and just resorted to endless ad hominems on Kruse and various other actual historians, and learned zero from all of this. And after a while it got tedious, because Kevin needed to keep reposting old threads and keep making the same point over.

Such is Murray and all the purveyors of this trash. He's been debunked thousands of times over the last few decades. His professional associated released a report saying he was full of bunk. Top real scientists of all stripes stepped in to explain why he was bunk. Yet he continues. How dumb and how vacant do you have to be to bother with him at this point? Why not just have an astrologist on? At least they won't blame their victims.