LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 140
0 members and 140 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:50 PM   #1165
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
We lied to the UN (and the world) about weapons of mass destruction to initiate a war against a sovereign nation. We've spied on our own citizens for more than a decade (that can be proven).

Those two alone so outweigh the act of seeking intel from an often hostile foreign power, one has to ask:

This, America? This is what finally awakens you to the fact that the house is on fire? You're complacent fools on everything else, but when a lurid person half of you dislike acquires power, and you can "resist" something (in a binary fashion, that doesn't require you to consider much grey), now you're incensed?
Maybe this is the silver lining of the Trump Presidency: public re-engagement in civic matters. And it only took the election of a reality TV goon to get it done. Why couldn't we have elected Puck from the Real World back in '96?
You are just intellectually and morally lazy or indifferent.

Sure, other people have done other bad things. Apart from you, possibly, nobody here has been an apologist for all of them, so the notion that there's hypocrisy in outrage now is best directed either at yourself, or nobody.

And who is "incensed"? Nobody here. I was just reacting to what you said. I'm not incensed by it -- it was just kind of sloppy and pathetic. eta: Which is to say, I wouldn't have been surprised to see that sort of thing in a random comment somewhere else on the internet, but obviously you have more and better things to say when you bother to.

What do I find somewhat more interesting is your constant ability to spout DJT talking points without apparent awareness or acknowledgement that that's what you're doing.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar

Last edited by Tyrone Slothrop; 07-17-2017 at 04:10 PM..