LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 93
0 members and 93 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #1127
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: I'm hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
Sadly, he’s president so we can’t ignore him. Leaving aside corruption, Russia and obstruction of justice, and his lies on everything from the crowd size at his inauguration to the reasons he disinvited the Eagles to the White House, thanks to you and people like you, we have:

The Religious Right in control of social policies

The separation of families who are legally seeking asylum in the US (with the kids being held in what a sitting senator described as dog cages)

A trade policy that coddles the Chinese and punishes our closest allies (was thinking about this today because we’re screwing Canada and the UK, aka the two countries who equally shared in the sacrifice and victory at Normandy).

A tax plan that gave away the farm to business and the 1% while giving a tax hike via elimination of the SALT deduction to people who live in places that didn’t vote for him

Encouraged actual Nazis in Charlottesville

I could go on.
I think you miss Sebby's point. We all have created this current mess, and it's important to know how to react when someone brings Trump up at your next cocktail party.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar