LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 279
0 members and 279 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #2033
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
His work has been debunked plenty of times in plenty of public fora, but the Harrises of the world keep finding reasons to bring it back.
Harris didn't bring it back. Harris brought him on to discuss the issue of censorship.

Harris stated at least a dozen times in his podcast that he had no interest in digging into Murray's work. He was interested in digging into the issue of attempts to stifle inquiry.

Is Murray not the best vessel for this argument? Yes. But I'm not Harris's booker. I'd have preferred to hear Harris address the issue with Maher.

Quote:
No forced Harris to look at Murray's work, or to downplay the criticisms of it. No one forced you to post about Harris and Klein here.
Harris did not downplay criticisms of Murray's work. He took issue with people seeking to censor certain debates.

And the only reason I offered the Harris and Coleman Hughes podcast here, which started this whole thing, was because there was an ongoing discussion of race and white guilt about race discussions. Hughes and Harris were having a discussion about race.

You reserve the right to discuss the issue of white discomfort with race discussions. Yet you have a problem with a white man (Harris) discussing race with a black man (Hughes). I'm a bit confused, and you sound a lot like Klein: "Let's discuss race, but let's discuss it within the narratives that suit my views."