LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 148
0 members and 148 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #3283
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
TWe craft the message. We address the issues. We weather the storm when there is one. The appropriate response as a party to Franken's shit is: There is currently an investigation.
I know you've paid attention to how the media handles these things. We don't control that.

Quote:
The fact that you think the only thing to be done is for Franken to step down is the problem we are currently discussing.
As I said, the only way to stop the bleeding from the continued drip of allegations was for Al to step down. Repeatedly saying, "we'll handle that later" doesn't do it.

Quote:
And the fact that you think we "look no different from the GOP" over Franken or even Conyers is batshit crazy.
It's not. Believe it or not, people are capable of cynicism and reading "after the process is over" as "never."

Quote:
But the fact that you can't see past "resignation is required for any charge related to sexual impropriety" makes me wonder if you're losing your ability to reason in favor of proving to everyone how empathetic you are.
It's not required for any charge. The whole party was on board for an ethics investigation after the initial allegations. It was the repeated new allegations, and the expectation that they would continue, that made resignation necessary.