LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 109
1 members and 108 guests
Adder
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #64
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replaced_Texan View Post
It goes the other way too. Some of the fastest job growth areas have been traditionally "female" and a lot of men won't take them or train for them. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/04/u...-by-women.html
You do not want these people working in health care. (Unless you want to stealth euthanize half of the sick.) Imagine the MRSA infection epidemic alone.

I doubt I'll be backed up on this here, but anyone who's spent any time in a mens' room knows, only 66% of us wash our hands after peeing. (There's also a not insignificant crowd who'll emerge from the stall and go straight to the door without stopping at the sink, but I can't guess on that %.)

If you've lived with a male, you know the shower will not be cleaned until the dirt is visible. And by dirt I mean, possibly mold.

Try as we might, we never clean up all the beard hair around the sink. And the toothpaste top is never properly cleaned.

Most guys here are of a more evolved sort than those in the article, but are we care givers? No. We'd make an admirable effort, but we'd still fuck it up... We'd use the wrong bandages, forget to ensure against infection around the suture, give some old person a fatal dose of ritalin instead of cardiac meds.

I regularly observe healthcare workers. I watch them multitask. And given these observations, I have always insisted on female doctors where I could do so.

I know the specialized/educated/trained male brain. And that's just not good enough for me in the care giver world. And the Times is suggesting male laborers and tradesmen should start working in health care?

If I see a guy like me working in a hospital, I'm taking my chances with herbal cures.