LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 158
0 members and 158 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #2453
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: All you need are looks and a whole lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
I'm not trying to beat any personal records. I'm never going to be able to rep 225 again. But I do want to stay strong as I get older. And build/maintain muscle. I guess I care about how I look, but in reality looking good is mostly about staying lean, and that's mostly diet.
Ain't that the truth.

I'm not interested in putting on any more muscle (except maybe my chest a bit). But you're right. It's about staying lean and strong enough at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did you just call me Coltrane? View Post
If the sole goal is to look good, then the best way to do that is to do what bodybuilders do: go through a bulk phase (gaining muscle), and then a cut phase (losing weight/fat without losing that lean muscle you just put on). Some of those dudes barely do any cardio.
I've found that I'm in a stage in my life where, when I say I want my body to look a certain way, that means it needs to look a certain way based on the fact that I drink beer and eat delicious foods. Every once in awhile (like now), I cut some excess weight, but when I do I tend to build it back up to where my body wants to be.

I do no cardio except for the conditioning portions of the designed workouts (which can get pretty intense) and basketball once a week. But I never do any running/elliptical, bike, or swim work. There is more erg work than I'd like.

TM

Last edited by ThurgreedMarshall; 06-07-2018 at 02:51 PM..
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote