LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 339
0 members and 339 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #45
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.) View Post
I read that to say you understood it hadn't happened before the game.

If what you meant was "I'm not clear whether the Colts complained before the game or after it started", then so be it.
This is absolutely amazing. You have managed to seize on the one part of the conversation that is completely meaningless to the actual point. But thanks for letting me know they complained before the game. Fact established. Seems to me that means everyone in the league probably knew the Patriots were deflating footballs.

But what does this fact mean in the context of the conversation we were having? As I said, "it seems possible that the refs were told to really check the balls carefully when submitted before the game and they checked out. And then they may have noticed they were underinflated sometime during the first half and checked them and switched them out at halftime."

Either you're saying the NFL was remiss in not watching the Patriots really, really closely given the fact that the complaint came before the game and, like Ty, think this means the NFL didn't really care about the rule. Or your point is so deep that it is lost to all but you.

TM
ThurgreedMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote