LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 133
0 members and 133 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #10
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Death Pool 2014. 10th Anniversary Special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barely_legal View Post
I don't really care if my picks are determined to be real celebrities or not -- that's why I submitted alternates when I sent in my list. But, I don't think the test should rely on whether a person is only famous for committing a crime. Does that mean that we couldn't put Charles Manson on our lists? Or the Lockerbie bomber? I remember a few people, including me, having him a few years ago and I don't recall any debate about whether he was a celebrity, even though he's only famous for committing a heinous crime. What about Jack Kevorkian -- wasn't he on a few lists in years past? I would argue that there are tons of people that have been on our lists over the years that have not been questioned, even though they were only famous for committing crimes. Or maybe I was the only person who ever had those people on my list, and y'all have just caught on to my methods?

As to Fawkes, I was hesitant to include her for the reasons that NCS stated, but it was such a softball, I couldn't resist.
It's getting late in the voting process, and I've already voted, so don't take this as crass advice, it is simply me trying to be helpful: If you participated in TMBD2 you might want to repost the photo. People on the fence move for any number of reasons.