LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 288
0 members and 288 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #4813
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: Dumbest ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
This paragraph doesn't really say anything. Meeting with him doesn't make him legitimate in our eyes or any other country's eyes. It doesn't matter if he can brag to his people about meeting with Trump since they're all terrified of him anyway.
You said, no one country is going to start treating him differently. But meeting with him is treating him differently. You might say it doesn't really matter, but I don't think that's right. It's harder for us to take some actions against North Korea (e.g., attacking them) once the leaders hold a summit.

And I think it does help him with his own subjects, which is surely what he most cares about.

Quote:
This is a strange response from someone who I went back and forth with about whether he's been acting rationally and whether he poses a danger. I remember saying he's nuts and remember you saying he was completely rational.
True. I would rather Trump talks to him because it makes it harder from Trump to launch a strike. I was just trying to have some fun with your metaphor.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar