LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 140
0 members and 140 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #1036
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: I'm hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Bob View Post
Dude. A functioning civil society and (mostly) following the constitution and laws are Hank’s book? And mine?

Dude.
You are wasting your fucking time. No amount of "Not everyone votes tax cuts or their wallet because some of us are invested in having a functioning government, society, world, whatever" will get through. The attitude he espouses is why we have what we have. "I vote for me. If I get a tax cut of $100 a month, the poor get fucked, and the vast majority of wealth goes up to the very rich, I'm okay with it." He doesn't really give a shit about disgusting, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, hate-filled policy because it doesn't affect him. Sure, he'll say, "Yeah, I'm against that stuff." But he doesn't really give a shit unless it affects him or his wallet directly. Until it does, Dems and Republicans are essentially the same--"invested in the status quo." He says this without really understanding or caring that one party is burning every protection for people who aren't him to the ground.

Not giving a fuck about anyone outside your manufactured isolation shell is the ultimate luxury. Save your breath.

TM

Last edited by ThurgreedMarshall; 05-31-2018 at 12:04 PM..