LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 123
0 members and 123 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #1046
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: I'm hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
you do your thing, I'll do mine. Convincing 12,000 of the 50,000 Jill Stein in michigan that they fucked up seems easy- and those people do vote- you don't need to convince them to go do it.

People that don't vote are harder to move. Nominate someone with President's Obama's qualities and you'll get there, sure. Do you see that person coming up? Bernie is running again!
Not trying to discourage you at all. I read yesterday that Jill Stein raised $7m for a 2016 recount and has been spending it since then on herself, travel and staff for whatever it is she does. So maybe you can use that to convince some of those people to put their vote to a better use.

That said, it just seems to me to be harder to go to people who were motivate to vote and to change their minds, as opposed to finding people who basically agree with you and didn't bother to cast a vote. Both have their challenges, but a mind is a terrible thing to change. As we prove here on a daily basis.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar