LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 110
0 members and 110 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #2129
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrets_bueller View Post
Best shape of my life: 1966, 168 pounds, I could run through walls. April 1, 1966, blew my left hamstring in a relay race, but finished the relay leg. It is still a school record at my alma mater. Last competitive race I ever ran.

Lowest adult weight: 1971, 155 pounds, after 10 months in the jungle. Rail thin.

Graduation from law school: 1973, weight 170.

Adulthood: 1973-2010: a relentless climb to 202 pounds. Fueled in large part by beer.

Heavily into the financial crisis, January 2010: At my son's suggestion. I began using "Lose It." I dropped to 185 by May 2010, by eating 2,300 calories a day and a fairly rigorous daily walking routine that netted out the calories to 2,000. More exercise on weekends, usually biking, but I am truly unable to run beyond a slow trot without tearing up my hammies, which bleed under the skin. My Lose It routine was to enter food and calories immediately. This helped me to limit the alcohol intake just by inhibiting me: Did I really want to have a second, or third, drink and waste the work I had put in? This regime worked for my psyche.

2010 to the presentation of these presents: A slow climb up to 207 pounds. A bulbous 38" waist. Putting on my shoes is an adventure. As it happens, before I caught up on the health and fitness thread here, I found my Fitbit and my old iPod over the weekend. I intend to spend as many weekday evenings as possible forsaking nature's perfect beverage (The Botanist, Fever Tree Tonic, fresh lime, grapefruit bitters, the latter ingredient being something you really should try) until I get to 185 again.

Clean and sober since I split a bottle of Thibaut Jannison on Sunday,

Ferrets
Dad?