LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 219
0 members and 219 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #32
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
what seems a bias
If Sebby has more interest in criminal justice reform than I do, I don't say that he is "biased" towards criminal justice reform or criminal defendants, or biased against prosecutors. He might be, but that would be different.

If I am less sympathetic to Israel's current government on matters of policy than you or many Americans are, which I suspect is the case, that does not mean I am "anti-Israel", which carries more than a whiff of anti-Zionism. It may just mean that, like many Israelis, I take a different view of what is in Israel's interests than its current government does, and/or that I take a different view of what is in the United States' interests than the Israeli government does, which wouldn't be surprising inasmuch as the Israeli government was elected by Israelis to serve Israel, not by Americans to serve America. Nor do any of those views (necessarily) have anything to do with "bias" and Neville Chamberlain's anti-Semitism. Even so, some Americans find it useful to accuse people they disagree with on foreign policy of anti-Semitism, and perhaps some of them even believe it.

There are anti-Semites who are anti-Israel and disagree with Israel's government. There are jackasses who live in Michigan. None of that means that disagreement with Israel's government makes you biased against Jews, or that you are a jackass.

Since we weren't talking about any of this just now until you posted about my purported anti-Israel and philo-Chamberlain views, what you've said sounds a lot like trolling. Since you are a friend and I assume you don't want to lightly accuse me of anti-Semitism for no good reason, I will assume that wasn't what you meant and that you aren't a jackass.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar