LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 234
0 members and 234 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #3381
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
I tend to agree. This anger is peaking too early. The Right voters may be taking a victory lap while everybody else heads to the polls.
From an electoral perspective, I don't see why McConnell and company wouldn't want to keep the nomination open. Whether that's further delay Kavanaugh or get another nominee, it's something to motivate the base.

Which tells me (1) they are concerned that there's more to become public about Kavanaugh if he's still the nominee, or (2) he doesn't think Kavanaugh will be confirmed.

Murkowski just voted no on cloture, which means one other R and Manchin (who voted yes on cloture) would sink it.

Quote:
I think the Democrats should put Biden out there on the trail, 24/7. Lunchbox Joe would crush Trump in a general. He won’t run in 2020, but the hope that he might, and his mere presence, with Obama where possible, could bring out more blue votes next month. And a very thin increase in blue voter turnout is all that’s needed to ensure House control, I think.
The myth of Single Digit Joe's electoral appeal is one of the more baffling ones.