LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 185
0 members and 185 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #2961
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
It sounds like you're thinking of her not as infantry but as cannon fodder, but the whole point here is we ought not to do that to her. I think there are some Dems, notably Feinstein but also Gillibrand, for example, and, indeed, almost all the Democratic women Senators, who are on board here, and doing their best to respect what she is dealing with. Let's call these folks the decent people. I think there are others who want to take this nominee down at any cost. Let's call these folks the operatives. If the nominee isn't taken down, the operatives are going to blame the decent people. But frankly the decent people are the ones whose careers I want to advance, because some things shouldn't be partisan.
Are you (or Ty) saying he should go down over this without some investigation of her claim? That seems really bad precedent given the style of opposition that has existed to every nominee that might change the make up for some time now. I get there may be other reasons people oppose him, but on this one thing, however blunt our instruments might be for investigating, I think it has to happen? i mean you aren't suggesting a pass?