LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 164
0 members and 164 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 11:04 AM   #1672
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC_Chick View Post
Yes. A single post by someone I won't follow on Twitter because I find her to be too Trumpy totally proves that people who don't like Trump will be equally enthused by Kavanaugh.
When I talk about conservatives, I'm talking about people who do like Trump. I know you don't like Trump. You may disagree, but I don't think your views are typical of self-identified conservatives any more. They have moved somewhere else. I don't know who that [tweeter] is, but will take your word for it that she's Trumpy. So are conservatives these days. (To the extent that you aren't, right on.)

IMO, the kind of voter who is going to be motivated to vote for Republicans by a Trump Supreme Court pick is going to be just as motivated by Kavanaugh as any of the other reported candidates. This post [i.e., the tweet I linked to] shows why. Supreme Court nominations are polarized and highly motivating to partisans. Swing voters don't care about them.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar

Last edited by Tyrone Slothrop; 07-12-2018 at 11:22 AM..