LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 236
0 members and 236 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 12:59 PM   #3843
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Doesn’t Matter Who Wins the K Race; We’re All the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
I just looked up Cippollone's Wikipedia page. Made $6.7 mil last year.

I should not jump off a bridge at lunch why? The universe is not irretrievably broken, and we are not living in a Monty Python script how?

That letter indicates a mind so cluttered, so incapable of holding even the slightest tether of continuity or capacity to maintain linear progression between thoughts, that were it to be offered to me as a judge in support of a motion, I would demand counsel redraft it in "English."

It's not a bad letter. No, that's not the term. It's the kind of letter that truly presses the question: "Should the 'R' word be acceptable where it's the only adjective that truly fits?"

Others here have disputed my argument that, in keeping with the theme of your Onion cite, any fucking idiot can make it in Washington DC. I worked with entertainment people in LA and NY long ago, and I always thought, "these people are really Not That Bright." I figured those folks were the basement, but increasingly, DC appears to be the dumbest city in the United States. Not because of Trump, though he certainly contributes, but because No One is Accountable. A man with a waterlogged Nerf football for a brain like Cippollone could only achieve such success in a town where no one ever has to make a payroll, no one ever has to worry about quarterlies, and govt money flows like the giant chocolate river in that fucking Willy Wonka movie.

Goddamnit, we're fucked.

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 10-09-2019 at 01:02 PM..