LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 388
0 members and 388 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #3229
SEC_Chick
I am beyond a rank!

Re: So about how both sides will only use harassment for political gain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Little Flower View Post
Wait, if Michigan elects the son of a sexual harasser, then the democratic party as a whole has lost the ability to criticize the election of the child molester who has been endorsed by the RNC?

Serious question -- if Franken were a prominent Republican, do you think Republican Senators would have resoundingly called for him to step down?
My problem with Conyer's III isn't so much with respect to his father's conduct as it is the arrest for stabbing his girlfriend, who still has a restraining order against him. I mean, who among us hasn't been arrested for stabbing a domestic partner? If they allow Conyers III to be elected based on, well, the voters knew about it and they elected him anyway, then I think the Democrats cede any moral high ground they may have gained due to Moore.

I would expect the GOP to be at least as morally bankrupt as the Democrats, if not more so. It would have been more meaningful from the Dems if they hadn't waited on Franken until there were what? 8 accusers? And Nancy Pelosi's statement about Conyers being an icon didn't help the party image. I do not think that the GOP would have done it better. My point is that they both suck.

Last edited by SEC_Chick; 12-07-2017 at 11:20 AM..