LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 390
0 members and 390 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #3691
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Deneuve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Why do men want to control women? If we're to judge from history, including just by way of example, the sex slavery trade that still exists today and #metoo, it seems men want to compel women to have sex with them. (Yes, there are other reasons, but sex seems the majority one.) Has it never occurred to these control freaks that this exact effort, with all of its Victorian/Puritan/Fundamentalist underpinnings, is what causes women not to have sex with them?
My cynical and not terribly informed take, being a heathen with no faith, is that it's comes from a pretty straight forward means of establishing control over a mass of people. People, being animals, have an evolutionarily-driven desire to fuck. It may be one of the only truly universal (yes, I see you asexual community, bear with me) human impulses, at least that's not part of the "keep you alive" processes. What better way to convince the maximum number of people that they are bad than to demonize their natural impulses. See, you are a sinner and you need the teaching of my faith.

It's a short step from you're a sinner because of your desire to that other person is an even worse sinner, or worse, is a temptress leading you astray.

So, yeah, a big scheme of control to get butts in seats is my sophisticated theory that also craps on all of your faiths. Because I'm a nice guy.