LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 148
0 members and 148 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #48
Tyrone Slothrop
Moderasaurus Rex

Re: No Faith in the Moral Standards of the Players as a Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
Uh...I'm not sure what you're talking about.

NFL's no-video rule:

'The "Game Operations Manual" states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." The manual states that "all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead." NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from a New England video assistant on the Patriots' sideline when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Taping any signals is prohibited.' -This whole thing is a quote.
You said they were taping practices. They weren't. They were taping defensive coaches' signals from the sidelines. They were allowed to tape from somewhere else, as you point out (not on the field, but e.g. from a box seat). If the rules really said that you can tape the action on the field from a box but that you can't capture in that film what is happening on the sidelines, then that's a particularly stupid rule because I would bet a lot of money (if I actually ever bet instead of just saying shit like this for rhetorical reasons) that other NFL teams had film which captured the other teams' sidelines and those their defensive signals.

Quote:
I really think you're full of it. If you think that Belichick* and Brady are doing these things for a negligible competitive advantage, you are just delusional.
Negligible is your word, not mine. What I said is that the reaction to what they have done is grossly disproportionate.
“It was fortunate that so few men acted according to moral principle, because it was so easy to get principles wrong, and a determined person acting on mistaken principles could really do some damage." - Larissa MacFarquhar
Tyrone Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote