LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 227
0 members and 227 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #1943
Icky Thump

Re: Discussion of Firms and Life in SF/SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Ruysbroeck View Post
Wow, this whole discussion was exactly what I came here for. I knew you guys would have some good advice about SF.

I've been going through some major life changes over the last year and the current plan being discussed is a move to SF. Kids are on the horizon, so this discussion has been very helpful.

It's unlikely that we'll have much of a support network if we move, though my SO's sister and BF might make the move with us. We may even be able to convince SO's mom to make the move. My brother and his wife may end up in San Diego in a couple of years, but if we go out there alone, I'm worried it will be tough to have kids there.

Option B is Boston, where my SO is from and where her family currently lives. The problem is I am tired of the weather where I live and going to Boston doesn't give me much of a change.

I also really don't feel like taking the CA Bar. To be honest, I hate being a lawyer and this might be a good excuse to pursue an alternate career path. That said, starting over at this stage in my life in a city where the COL is so high is a little scary.

Anyone have experience living north of SF proper? What's on the other side of that big red bridge, anyway? All comments, including snarky ones, are appreciated. Thanks.
Expensive area with kids and without a support network is tough unless you have meeeelions of dollars.