LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 176
0 members and 176 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 10:59 AM   #60
evenodds
prodigal poster

Geneva/Paris/London - hotel recommendations?

Quote:
Originally posted by MetesAndBounds
The family is taking its first-ever trip to Europe in November over the holidays, and after reading guidebooks we remain clueless about what to expect. Sure we want to experience the culture in each city, but there is pressure to find an American-style hotel where we can retreat to when we have determined the French are too French and the Brits are too British. (The Mrs. isn't keen on sharing bathrooms, the Jr. would prefer cable TV, and all I really need is cold Diet Coke.)

So, the goal would be an American-style hotel in a great location central to the things an American tourist family would want to do on its first visit. Geneva is less important (only one night) but Paris and London will require several night stays each, so we'd like to be as comfortable as possible without totally blowing the budget.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
I highly recommend Rick Steve's guidebooks. We used them for Paris and London and found great hotels. In Paris, we stayed in a small hotel in the Marais. The key is en suite. Your family will be much happier with a bathroom in your room.

In London, we stayed in a couple of B&Bs, which is a lovely way to see London and get a feel for the people.

My brother just used the same books for a trip to Spain and again did great for hotels.