LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 121
0 members and 121 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 05:06 PM   #30
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Objectively intelligent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I don't understand the criticism of Obama here. W. invaded the country and removed its government. Since then, unsurprisingly, Iraq's government has been weak and has lacked legitimacy. Obama didn't "give Iran a seat at the table." Iraq is majority Shi'a, and Iran is Shi'a. Iraq's Shia's gave Iran a seat at the table, as was inevitable when W. removed the prior Sunni regime. Also, IIRC, many people criticized Obama for removing troops, but that was the deal the Iraqis gave us. Your friend is saying that Obama should have forced Iraq to do what he wanted instead of having its own government.

He is right about the militias and the mess that the country is, but it's hard for me to see what Obama or anyone else could have done with the mess that W. left.
https://themoth.org/stories/leaving-baghdad

I talk to him about Moth Judges, not Iraq politics. But from this post he felt the invasion was good. He feels that Bush waited too long to implement steps that would stabilize the country, but he did near the end of his term. He feels Obama pulled the plug before those steps could gel. He feels Obama should not have let Iran into the government and should have taken more action as Iran grew more powerful within Iraq. He might be a moron or he might really know what he is talking about.

His Facebook has recently been focused on the protests and the kidnapping of all the protesters. He is quite strongly anti-Iran. But I can't answer your questions, just give you the perspective of one person that has a much different view than any of us have.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski; 01-03-2020 at 05:09 PM..