LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 185
0 members and 185 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #174
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Actual airport conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd Finch View Post
Yes, how terribly low-class. It's as if they had never just taken their kid to Disneyworld for fun.

I'm proud of you, Hank. It takes a special courage to criticize the dying wishes of children with cancer.
I was recently on a flight from Fort Myers to Minneapolis. I decided to live it up and move up to economy plus. I get on the plane and someone is in my seat. Turns out it's a kid, and he's not too happy about having to move back to his seat next to mom or grandma or someone, and I'm standing there waiting for them to work it out.

Then I realize that the person in the middle seat has clearly been going through chemo, and I think, "crap, I'm a bad person for breaking this group up."

Then during the fight I have reason to briefly speak to this person, and realize not only has the chemo thing been going on, but it's a kid too (turns out that its hard to judge the age and gender of a person with almost no hair and the generally pudgy american body type). And I made her (think it was a her) little brother get up and leave.

So, yeah, I'm a worse person that Hank.
Adder is offline   Reply With Quote