LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 148
1 members and 147 guests
sebastian_dangerfield
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #4986
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: I'm impressed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaveNoMore View Post
Last I checked, the innovative and ambitious immigrants are the ones that want to assimilate and become "nationalistic".

When did you go all-in on the open-border, Cato Institute, policy?

SN(nothing to add)M
I don't think those immigrants become "nationalistic." I think they become perhaps patriotic. The former is a dead ender mentality; the latter is what we're supposed to do (melting pot, etc.).

Dude, PA is flooded with angry, entitled whites. I'm fucking tired of hearing their shit. Most are failures because of bad decisions, deflecting blame. And now they have this demagogue and feel emboldened.

And the affluent ones are even worse... I have to sit and listen to their bullshit, parroted from Hannity. And it's always the same story at core: "I'm overspending, and rather than live within my means, which are not insubstantial, I'll instead complain about taxes. Because West Palm isn't enough. I think I deserve Jupiter Island."

Also, my family came here between 1830s and 1910. I'm a firm believer that you need to constantly replenish the soil with new minds. I don't want any asshole who wishes to install Sharia coming over, but let's face it -- those are .000005 of immigrants. Let in talented, hard working people who wish to improve their lives. How can you lose by doing that? (And we'd better do it soon, because we're not looking like such an improvement over most other countries anymore. If we hadn't our many excellent universities, I don't think half of the young immigrants would come here.)

And it is rare when you find daylight between me and Cato. (Though I do favor reasonable gun regulation. Background checks seem totally sensible to me.)

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 03-26-2018 at 02:38 PM..