LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 189
0 members and 189 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 12:11 PM   #1831
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: We are all Slave now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
the senate even with the seats distributed between the states based upon population is not representative. LA and the Bay Area control x% of the house seats in Cali but 100% of the senate seats. We should give LA/SF control of 10 senate seats even though that mean 30 or 40% of the state is not represented (as they are not now but maybe represented by the Montanas of the Union?). We’ve created these meaningless state lines, and those boundaries have nothing to do with where is population.
Arguing with you is only a step above arguing with Sebby. What are you talking about?

You talk about why the current system of senate representation works to protect smaller states from being ignored by larger states in one breath and then respond to me that the system of representation is meaningless anyway? Hell, it sounds like you want to apportion senate seats in a similar way we apportion House seats. Okay with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Thurgreed 2008 would have realizedI was just fucking with him on the Trump reference:sad. Your lumbago acting up?
Sorry. If it were funny it might have had the intended effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
except every time the lesser vote getter became Prez it was because of lib dimwits voting third party. W won (hi ty!!!) Fla because of Nader voters for fucks sakes. You don’t throw out a system that gas functioned fairly well to try something no one does because some space fucks can’t think straight. To quote someone - fuck outta here
I'm only going to say this one last time. W and Trump didn't win because of third party voters. They won because idiots voted for them. Your constant refrain that this is all the fault of libs who wouldn't vote for Hillary is tiresome. I agree that they were really fucking stupid. But it is the fault of the millions of people who ignored Trump's idiocy, sexism, racism, lack of qualifications, etc., or found it appealing that he is in office. People who refused to vote for Hillary can take their share of the blame, but you assigning it all to them is fucking stupid.

TM