LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 476
0 members and 476 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #763
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Doesn’t Matter Who Wins the K Race; We’re All the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Hey, I'm going to stop you right there, because the rest of your response was in the same vein. I responded to you on your terms, without using the word "racist." Now we're talking about what reality is, not about what label you put on it. You agree that there is societal discrimination and systematic disadvantage based on race and ethnicity. Do you really disagree that just about everyone is involved, with or without being aware of or meaning to, by action or omission, perpetuating systemic disadvantage? I said "just about everyone" because of your concern about newborns.
"Involved" is a whale net. What does that even mean?

I cannot state that "just about everyone" is racist any more than I can prove "everyone is racist" because there's no way to prove either. I'd be talking out my ass as there's no way to get the data. (Unless I use Adder's goofy definition where everyone everywhere is racist toward everyone else.)

But I can look at systems and see that they create racist results and appear to be geared to do so. That data is voluminous.

The system and the individual are Two Different Things. You are never going to make them one because that is impossible. That is the fundamental flaw in identity politics that precludes it from getting a significant foothold.

Last edited by sebastian_dangerfield; 03-15-2019 at 03:01 PM..