LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 100
0 members and 100 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 10:32 AM   #80
Anne Elk
Apathy rocks!

Complementary, Holistic and Alternative medicine for pets

Quote:
Originally posted by WHTFH
I have to say that it's moronic that you won't feed your animals (sufficient amounts of) meat solely because you're vegetarians. I mean, if you're going to go to all this trouble with the holistic approach, at least feed the animals what their bodies are designed for. Meat.

Of course, I just feed my dogs Science Diet Light because it's easy and they seem to like it and are healthy, so don't look at me. I think it has chicken in it.
Elk-puppy gest plenty of meat. Her is kibble made from lamb and rice. To supplement that she gets treats that contain meat (salmon and liver), she gets raw bones, and meat and eggs whenever I have them to share. I use vegetables to supplement her diet. She loves them. It's amusing to see a dog droll in anticipation of a broccoli stalk.

Has your dog ever eaten grass? Or rooted around in the garbage? In addition to hunters, they are also scavengers.

There is an article on vegetarian diets for dogs in the issue of Whole Dog Journal that I got last night. They recommend that before you put your dog on such a diet that you meet with a vet and a nutritionist so you can design the proper diet for the animal.

My dog is very healthy. Everyone (including vets and groomers) remark upon her healthy coat and white teeth.