LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 275
0 members and 275 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 05:26 PM   #1645
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
In law school that was called fighting the hypothetical.

Maybe Sebby's point is that you want the bigots to vote for Democrats so that you can do a bunch of stuff, including particular things to oppose bigotry.

Unclear. Seems like it's too soon to say for sure. But part of this, I think, means figuring out how to use the issue to fracture Trump's coalition and win battles, rather than just feeling like calling someone a racist is the end of the exercise.
My point is accuse where it's warranted. Stop trivializing racism and sexism by suggesting almost any act or omission stems from them.

We have a board full of quasi-nude shots on this very site. All women. Does this make us sexist? I told GWNC she has a great ass. Am I sexist? Is she contributing to patriarchy by using the pic?

A lot of dumbass fucks who seem to get a lot of airtime on TV these days would say we're all sexists. Sincerely, they would. It's nuts.

Ty makes a good point. There is no way to stop the dumb from overreaching. But those of us with brains can be a bit more careful. We can draw lines regarding where it is proper to call someone an [insert offense]ist, and where such a charge is ridiculous.

But don't let me guide you, Adder. (I only happen to run into loads of conservatives on a regular basis.) You know everything. You don't need advice. Your college sophomore year view of these things is all you need to know. And as we can all see, it's working just great for you and everyone else who simplifies and generalizes like you.