LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 299
0 members and 299 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #2390
Did you just call me Coltrane?

Re: What are we doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
I've always sucked at tennis. But, yeah. We used to have a ping pong table at my last firm and we'd sneak and play every once in awhile. We asked a summer once if he wanted to join the "club." I played him and he was very competitive, but just not good enough (being the best in your family doesn't mean a damn thing, homie). So he would try shit like trying to serve before I got back to the table after I was retrieving a ball. Shit like that. Had to get smoked.*

TM

*And, yes, I realize a punishing ping pong game is probably the least impressive thing in the world. But I just let me have it. ;-)
I was in Mexico at a resort a few years ago - the resort had an outdoor table that was being dominated by a 12-13 year British lad. He was actually pretty good, but he was getting a little too cocky with the other kids he was beating. I asked if I could have next game - took it easy on him at first. His dad was watching and actually seemed to appreciate someone teaching his son some humility. Especially because I was playing with a G&T in hand.

ETA: I am a great drunk bowler, but a horrible drunk ping pong player.