LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 121
0 members and 121 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #68
Adder
I am beyond a rank!

Re: Northam, Warren, Fairfax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian_dangerfield View Post
Yeah, the Democrats eat their own alive. When a GOP legislator gets caught in blackface, or accused of groping, the Democrats scream for his head. But realizing that will go nowhere, the Democrats give up, and the guy stays.

But when the Democrats have a guy like Franken in their sights, the opportunists in the party take out a potential Presidential competitor, and the bloodthirsty sorts see a way to actually topple a politician -- something they can't do to a GOP legislator. To satisfy that urge and flex their muscles, they take out their own.

It's like beating the shit out of your own players in scrimmages while losing repeatedly to other teams.

The Democrats need to develop some sensible scale of sins and appropriate punishments. I think Northam needs to go. So does the Atty. general. I think Franken needed to be publicly censured.

I think anyone suggesting what Northam did is equivalent to what Franken did needs to get a grip.
Democrats have actual principles on these subject and attempt to live by them.

They could chose to be the hypocrites that the GOP accuses them of being, but that would do very poor service to those principles.

That Gillibrand would be primarily motivated to get rid of a presidential rival is pretty funny right now, given the size of the field. It was pretty funny back then when there was little chance of Al running anyway.