LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 303
0 members and 303 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #2850
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Doesn’t Matter Who Wins the K Race; We’re All the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
Got to see Iceland. I started using it as a stopping point to Europe a few years back, when travel was hard for me. A few hours to Iceland, a day or two there relaxing, a few hours to London or wherever. Reykjavik is a wonderful small city, it is book and cafe crazy, and has a busy port, and the countryside is just mind-bogglingly beautiful.

My favorite food cities are Montreal, San Francisco, Athens, and Shanghai, but, then, those are just among my favorite cities for lots of things.
This is strange to say, but Kauai and Maui remain my favorite food cities. (I've not been to SF in ages, and I know I'm missing out.) On the desert side of Kauai where no one travels there seems to be nothing but poke huts. The best raw seafood I've had was in dirty hut on the roadside in Kauai, where I wondered if I wasn't trifling with some form of food poisoning, but it was amazing. Still the best I've had -- better than toro at Bond Street, which is a solid second best. (Don't recall Morimoto... only the upstairs in Philly, after many drinks.)

My in laws and my best friend recommend St. Petersburg. Hermitage is supposed to be amazing.

I think I'm in Athens next year. (I don't book the trips, I just follow as led.) I imagine the Greek diet will suit me well, given I eat seafood about five days a week as it is.