LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 361
0 members and 361 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #3276
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy,Greedy,Greedy View Post
I don't think Franken is going because of the acts he did, really, but instead because he was pissing into the political headwinds. He was becoming a political liability to a lot of other people. It wasn't fair, it was politics, and my hope is he does his penance and we move on. More than one pol in a similar situation has recovered and run for another office before, like Joe Biden with his speech (where he was pretty clearly guilty).

The thing is, this political headwind is clearing out a lot of real assholes. Originally it was mostly the reprobates at Fox, now it's all over. So yes, we should try to avoid the collateral damage. But let's keep clearing out the assholes, there's one in Alabama we need on the chopping block come Tuesday. And, frankly, there are a few I know in some law firms that need to discover judgment day.
Why is it that clearing out these assholes and doing so in a manner that thoughtfully distinguishes between the Moores and Frankens should be mutually exclusive propositions?

We can do both. We aren’t morons who must feed the mob’s bloodlust with unworthy sacrifices like Franken. The “they’re necessary collateral damage in a noble movement” is no argument at all. It’s enabling a pack of low rent Robespierres.

We should be better than what happened to Franken.