LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 116
0 members and 116 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 06:31 PM   #31
TexLex

Partner Gramar

Quote:
Originally posted by Mmmm, Burger (C.J.)
I have no problem editing their work. 90% of the time they don't realize that they had misplaced an "only" or improperly used (or not used) a hyphen). What gets me is when they, upon reviewing a later draft, change it back to its original, incorrect form. I guess, at bottom, I don't really want to discuss grammar with a partner, since it necessarily calls a shortcoming to their attention (and I don't argue the points I'm not sure of); it's somehow different than saying something like "I think the general trendof the cases is contrary to the position you want to take" (translation: every circuit has held directly opposite that which you want to argue).
If my name is anywhere on it, it will be correct. Truth is, I only deal with my own work, which is never reviewed by anyone and if I fix the boss' work (usually only because I happen to catch a glaring mistake fresh off the printer, not because I am supposed to be dealing with his stuff) I tell the assistant to change it and he never notices. I have been know to say "X, this sounds like crap and it would make more sense this way...." If he argues and wants to sound like an idiot, if his name is on it, I let it go, but he usually agrees in the end. We do not share clients, so it does not affect me if he wants to sound like an idiot.

-T(tells it like it is)L