LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 342
0 members and 342 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 04:22 PM   #11
Say_hello_for_me
Theo rests his case

Looks like Coltrane's gonna have to move...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aloha Mr. Learned Hand
or at least change his location to "Northerly Island"...

In a big shocker, a Cook County judge today threw out the lawsuit attempting to stop the demolition of Meigs Field., saying the land was always intended to be a park. Opponents say they will now seek a TRO in federal court to stop Daley's bulldozers.

In other news, those same bulldozers accidentally plowed into each of the Plaintiffs' homes today while they were in court. Twice.
While I hate the motivation that most likely existed for da Mare to do what he did, I'm still happy for the results. The only people who I personally knew to use Meigs were politicians and their staffers flying to and from Springfield. There is no need to make it a democrat or republican political issue, as Thompson, Edgar, Madigan and many other locals all used the service at one time or another. The Mayor would like nicer things that he actually can use, like bike paths, in his front yard!

Anyway, I'd hate to think that the judge did it on orders, but the judge was right. The entire lakefront, without exception AFAIK, was intended as parkland, and the whole city will benefit from an open lakefront. Kudos to the judge for the reasoning he gave.

Hello

Say_hello_for_me is offline   Reply With Quote