LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 188
0 members and 188 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #3236
sebastian_dangerfield

Re: Mother, mother, mother - there's too many of you crying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEC_Chick View Post
I am not a defender of Moore. It sickens me how some "conservatives" like the fine people at The Pederalist, seriously engage in child molestation apologetics. The accusations between Franken and Moore are not even close to being comparable, and the whataboutism is disgusting. Moore is a special level of revolting, and disgusting behavior by Clinton/Kennedy/Franken/Conyers isn't an excuse. The GOP (minus Sasse, Lee and Romney) are garbage human beings. That said, Pelosi continued to defend Conyers after the allegations when she could have demurred. The fact that the GOP is garbage doesn't make that right either. The GOP made the right call to pull out of the Moore race initially, and a craven one to go back in on his behalf.

I am increasingly convinced that we should have term limits and toss out pretty much all of them and start over.
It sickens me that Franken is being thrown under the bus by his own party while Moore is going to wind up in the Senate.

People are more than their mistakes a decade ago. Franken fucked up. He's a bit creepy for that. But he's also one of the brighter, more reasonable, and rational people in the Senate.

Never, never once, have I heard Franken say something nakedly political. He's the antithesis of a hack, or party soldier. I don't agree with his politics, but I respect his thinking, the rigor he applies to policy assessment, and the respect for logic he brings to debates.

It's fucking sickening. And I'll say to anyone who'll listen: Franken was the victim of a witch hunt.

The penalty for past boorish behavior should not be death. The man deserved due process. He deserved a chance to defend himself. His party fucked him here, but good. It also fucked us. The country needs more people like him in the Senate.

Instead, we'll have Roy Moore, and we'll learn what lesson? That if one denies, one can weather any allegation, while a contrite response is a death warrant.

Fuck this place. Seriously. We're an infantile country.