LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 296
0 members and 296 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #816
ferrets_bueller

Re: We are all Slave now.

I have just returned from my first trip to Central Europe. Budapest, to be specific. I learned quickly that one does not refer to a Hungarian as being from Eastern Europe, where the hicks from Romania and Albania live. Nice city, nice people. To begin with a (racist?) generalization, the Maygars are large, thick folks who apparently spend all of their time lifting weights. The ladies are curvy.

If you have a choice, stay in Pest. Excellent night life, and decent bistros. I would advise going upscale on food to avoid oversalted, overcooked shoe leather meat-like substances. Nobu has a very nice outpost. As good as the one on 57th Street, with essentially the same menu. A fad: Taking over a large maze of a building, and putting 18 or so bars in it, with live music overlapping each. Called Ruin Bars, but you hipsters probably knew that, right Lester?

To tie a couple of catch-up threads together:

Beverages: Scotch...Lagaluvin, which makes you smell like a smoky peat bog. Never drink and drive after drinking this, even if you only have a thimblefull. No cop will believe you haven't been bathing in it. Bonus extra Scottish product: a gin called The Botanist, from Islay. Tis the season for G&Ts, and this gin, Fevertree Tonic, a fresh lime wedge and a squeeze of grapefruit bitters has the power to change one's mood for the better.

Music: Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. The Stones pass the test of time.

On to the pile of papers I found on my desk.