LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 279
0 members and 279 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #4809
ThurgreedMarshall
[intentionally omitted]

Re: Dumbest ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
Internal and external legitimacy are linked, and if Trump meets with him then we are treating him differently, since we've never been willing to do that before. If the cool kids invite the nerd to gun club because now he's got a gun too, then he's their equal in a new way.
This paragraph doesn't really say anything. Meeting with him doesn't make him legitimate in our eyes or any other country's eyes. It doesn't matter if he can brag to his people about meeting with Trump since they're all terrified of him anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
I'd rather invite him to the gun club than have him go postal one day.
This is a strange response from someone who I went back and forth with about whether he's been acting rationally and whether he poses a danger. I remember saying he's nuts and remember you saying he was completely rational.

That's neither here nor there, of course. I'm not against a President meeting with the guy since I think it really makes no difference. I'm not sure Trump should be the guy since he's a fucking idiot who shouldn't be in the room with any world leaders, let alone ones who are as stupid, ignorant, and crazy as he is.

TM