LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 192
0 members and 192 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 10:19 PM   #172
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: Martin Gurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop View Post
The government has never had a monopoly on information or narrative creation, so whatever it lost, that's not it.

IMO, governments lost a lot of legitimacy after the 2008 financial crisis. There were no consequences for rich people who did shady things, and they got bail-outs. There were a lot of consequences for ordinary people, and no bail-outs.

Conservatives have given up on the idea that the government can do anything other than beat on other people (other countries, immigrants, people who disagree with the police). The progressive left is primarily focused on culture-war issues that are not immediate concerns for other people. Moderate Democrats will only act cautiously in a way calculated not to really solve any problem. None of them have any promise to really change anything. All of this is at least partly true in a lot of other industrialized countries, too.
Have any of you thought about how I am really the only one that rises about the problems you mention? If we reassemble the broad geographic LT team, we have people now in positions of influence across the country. WE can make ME the next president. Can I count on your support?