LawTalkers  

Go Back   LawTalkers

» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Online Users: 230
0 members and 230 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,499, 10-26-2015 at 07:55 AM.
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 04:27 PM   #2483
Hank Chinaski
Proud Holder-Post 200,000

Re: All you need are looks and a whole lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurgreedMarshall View Post
My favorite story ever was ....

TM
Been thinking on this one-

I'm living outside DC. My good friend is a french guy who is there to take classes at George Mason. He loves b-ball but never really played. We decide we are going to the GMU IM building to play. Frenchie brings 3 friends from the "foreign students club" i think, 3 guys from Morocco. One named Moustafa, nickname- Moose.
So we get on a court against 5 Americans. I'm the best player (not bragging, these guys weren't much- big ego, but little skill), and guarding me is a cocky white guy, like 19 maybe, wearing a t-shirt from "Some Name" basketball camp.

We start running, and my guys are soccer players, none of them have played ball but they can run constantly. All I was doing was passing (I went to MSU just after Magic, every player from then passes probably too much), it wasn't about me, it was my teammates getting the moment.

And we are getting killed at first. One fat guy on their team bulls in against Moose and scores at will, he's too big, and Moose doesn't know how to hack guard a fat guy. And the other team is goofing on us, especially as my guys keep yelling encouragement to "Moose." It's funny, his name was funny! All 5 of them are talking straight trash- i mean, they're beating 4 foreigners, what's to talk about?

Say the game went to 15. At about 8-2, they start slowing. They cannot keep up. And fat guy does as they do, and really has no energy to keep moving. And my guys start learning to make uncontested layups, because now they're getting them every time down. and we win 15-10.

Stupid kid guarding me says something like, "my teammates let you win." i said, "your dad should call "Some Name" and demand his money back."

I always loved the talking as much as the results.